Three Broomsticks Eggy Bread
When we visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood, we decided to have breakfast at the Three Broomsticks. I ordered the Eggy bread, better known as french toast in the USA. It was served with bacon and strawberries and it was delicious. I adapted our home version of french toast to use the french bread and found I really like it this way. For cooking, I can get almost our entire family done at once with our cast iron griddle. I enjoy the thicker bread slices for the eggy bread. This has turned into our favorite way to enjoy this dish. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp milk
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 french bread loaf, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add the cinnamon, mix well.
- Add the milk, vanilla and salt. Whisk the eggs and milk together with a fork, then put to one side.
- Place the frying pan on a medium heat to heat up.
- Dip one slice of bread into the eggy mixture, turning it over a few times to make sure it’s well coated.
- Add butter to the frying pan and spread the butter around to evenly coat the cooking area.
- Lift the soaked bread up in the bowl and allow the excess mixture to drip off, then carefully lower it into the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through, using a spatula to flip it over.
- Carefully lift the bread out of the frying pan and onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Repeat steps for remaining bread.
- Serve with maple syrup, bacon and fresh fruit.
Additional Harry Potter inspired recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.