The Grey Stuff
I have always wanted to try “The Grey Stuff” dessert but when we went to Walt Disney World and ate at Be Our Guest Restaurant for breakfast, it was not one of the menu items at the time. The Grey Stuff has now been added to the Red Rose Taverne menu in Disneyland, but we have been able to visit yet. This was originally inspired by the animated Beauty and the Beast movie and has been interpreted as a dessert even though in the movie it appears to be a pate appetizer.
I reviewed many recipes found online and after making many of my own adjustments, I have come up with the recipe here that my family agrees with Lumiere and thinks is delicious. Give it a try then let me know what you think.
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 oz white backing chocolate melted
- 7 chocolate wafers
- 1 box cookies and cream pudding mix
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ tbsp edible pearls white and grey, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pudding mix and milk in a bowl. Whisk together. Let
- stand in fridge for 5 minutes then whisk until thickened and combined
- In a medium sized bowl, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add the powdered
- sugar and beat until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add melted chocolate and beat
- until smooth.
- Fold the pudding and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until
- Add crushed chocolate wafers and mix until incorporated.
- Pipe into dessert plates. Top with edible pearls if desired. Cool in fridge for about
- an hour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.