This Quiche Lorraine recipe has been a family favorite for years. This is part of our Christmas morning breakfast and everyone looks forward to this dish. This year, we decided to make this recipe to celebrate Mother’s Day. This Quiche Lorraine is creamy, cheesy, rich. We go light on the green onions so feel free to increase to your desired taste. This dish was inspired by Epcot Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie.
- Refrigerator pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of ground red pepper
- dash of ground white pepper
- additional ground nutmeg for top of quiche
- Roll piecrust into 9 inch quiche dish. Prick bottom and sides of the piecrust with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes and check for bubbles. If there are any, remove and prick with a fork, and cook for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.Add chopped green onions and cook for 1 minute. Drain well and sprinkle evenly in pie crust. Top with 1 cup cheese and set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Pour mixture into prepared crust and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until set. Cook for 10 minutes before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.