Traditionally Lyonnaise Salad is served with warm bacon, warm dressing and a fresh poached egg. At Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie at Walt Disney World’s Epcot in the France Pavilion, they have adapted this salad so that it is ready for quick service. I actually really like this adaptation as it helps with not having so many last minutes steps before meal time. It also is a great option to take to work, picnic, or in our case, to a swim meet.
Lyonnaise Salad and Quiche
- 1 head frisee or mixed greens lettuce
- ½ lb bacon
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 12 oz croutons
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook bacon until crisp and break into pieces when cool.
- Hard boil the eggs and cut into quarters in the long direction.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces and put into a large serving bowl.
- Add bacon and eggs to the bowl.
- Sprinkle croutons onto the salad.
- Serve with vinaigrette dressing.
- Combine mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt until well blended.Slowly pour in olive oil while stirring until blended.
The vinaigrette dressing is adapted from Maille mustard.
See more recipes inspired by Walt Disney World’s Epcot France!