Disneyland Chieftain Chicken Skewer recipe
The Disneyland Chieftain Chicken Skewer recipe is another great option to make the night before and provides a milder option from the Bengal Beef Skewer for the Adventureland dinner menu. This chicken recipe has a wonderful pineapple sweet and sour flavor and is absolutely delicious. This is a recipe inspired by Disneyland’s Bengal Barbecue.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pinch salt
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- wooden skewers
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to make 1 cup.
- In a saucepan combine juice mixture, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and salt. Add cornstarch and stir until completely dissolved, mixture will be cloudy.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add pineapple and combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Place chicken in sauce and marinade for 24 hours. Reserve ½ cup sauce for later.
- Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Remove chicken from marinade place chicken on soaked skewers
- Grill until cooked through.
- Dip grilled chicken into sauce, heated if desired.
Adventureland Dinner Party recipes